CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
- All Students of this college should possess Identity Cards duly signed by the concerned head of the department and Principal.
- Students of the institution are expected to conduct themselves in the best standards of etiquette within and outside the College.
- The minimum attendance stipulated by the University is seventy five percent of the total number of working days of the academic year. Exemption from shortage of attendance (subject to the maximum of 20 days) can be granted by the Syndicate on the recommendation of Principal, provided, leave is applied for and granted for such absence on satisfactory grounds.
- Students are not permitted to take leave without permission for the whole or part of a day. Absence without prior leave permission for part of a day will entail forfeiture of attendance for the whole days.
- Students absent from the college for more than fifteen consecutive working days without satisfactory explanation are liable to have his/her name removed from the rolls. A student seeking re-admission after such removal should pay the prescribed re-admission fee of Rs.10.
- The maximum period for which duty leave can be granted to a student for sports and athletic activities is limited to 10% of the total number of working days.
- All leave applications (Regular & Medical) shall be submitted in time, for sanction by Head of the Department and concerned teachers. Application for medical leave shall be accompanied by valid medical certificates.
- All the students are expected to be present in the class well within time and late coming will also result in loss of attendance for the corresponding hour. No student shall enter or leave the class room when the session is on without the permission of the teacher concerned.
- Students are expected to maintain the highest standards of discipline and dignified manner of behaviour inside as well as outside the College campus. They shall abide by the rules and regulations of the College and should act in a way that highlights the discipline and esteem of the College.
- Students should maintain adequate silence in the college premises during class hours .
- Keep the campus neat and clean. Do not put any waste anywhere in the campus except in the waste baskets kept.
- Carefully handle the furniture, equipment, fixtures and appliances of the college and lab. Careless handling/misuse of the above could result personal injuries or damage to property Follow safety precautions near moving machines and electrical installations. In the event of damage of property, the responsible students will have to bear the cost of replacement/repair.
- Students are expected to make use of academic, co-curricular and extracurricular facilities available to the optimum levels. Harassing juniors, ill treatment to other fellow students or any such form of ragging is objectionable and liable to be treated as criminal offence by the law enforcing agencies as per the directives of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
- Students are forbidden to organize or attend any meeting in the College or to collect money for any purpose or to circulate any pamphlet without the permission of the principal. Misbehaviour towards girl students, use of threat or violence against members of the staff or fellow students will be considered as very serious cases of misconduct.
- As per the Govt. order, students shall not bring powered vehicles inside the campus Smoking, use of alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited in college premises.
- Use of mobile phone is strictly prohibited during class hour.
- Students are expected to read all the circulars put up on the Notice Board, and act accordingly.
It is informed that the above code of conduct should be strictly followed and any violation of
the same will be taken seriously and disciplinary action will be initiated against the violators.