- The Department of Chemistry was established at the College during the year 1997.
- Later during 1999 the restructured double main semester course Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry was introduced at the undergraduate level.
- Chemistry as one of the three core courses in the restructured Biotechnology multi major under graduate course
- As complementary subject in the undergraduate Biochemistry course
- It follows the syllabus and course pattern prescribed by the University of Kerala.
- Our vision is to train the students on basic elements of industrial chemistry with particular relation to chemical industries and equip them with a potential to contribute to the academic and industrial requirements of the society
- This programme enables them with tools needed for the practice of chemistry, which remains a discipline with much stress on experimentation.
- To provide a detailed knowledge of the terms, concepts, methods, principles and experimental techniques of chemistry
- To impart sufficient qualitative/quantitative, analytical and synthetic chemical knowledge and skills to our students
- To provide innovative, dedicated classroom instruction at undergraduate level
- To communicate the excitement of chemistry to the public at large.
- To develop the students’ capacity to readily adapt to and make use of emerging technologies
- Above all The Department of Chemistry stands for a Learner oriented value based educational system.
- To render an environment that motivate and inspires excellence in teaching and research activities
- To inculcate professional ethics to serve mankind and society
Department of Chemistry offers undergraduate course in Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry.
- BSc in Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry
Details of Courses
- A pass in Higher Secondary Exam of the State or an Exam accepted by the University as equivalent thereto with Chemistry as one of the subjects
- Checking purity of ground water& tap water which includes Estimation of hardness, PH & COD.
students excel in university exams
2011 – II Position- Liji L.J.
2012 – I Position – Anusree V.A. II Position – Monisha M.U. III Position – Arya P
2013 – I Position – Varanya Jayan II Position- Asna K.N. III Position- Archana S.Kumar
2014 – I Position- Aswathy Jayan
2015 – I Position- Akhila C.S. II Position – Anju A.S. III Position – Sruthi S.
2022- I Position – Smrithi II Position – Lekshmi A S III Position – Roshna R